Vodacom has today announced that customers no longer need to go to a National Lottery outlet or stand in long queues to buy their lottery tickets.
Customers can now play the National Lottery online, via their mobile phones and desktops. This service, which is launched in partnership with Gidani, the National Lottery’s Operator and Lidonga Technology and Telecoms, is also available to customers who are on other networks.
This service aims to provide absolute convenience as customers can now play at any time and any place. Winners are notified via SMS and funds are automatically credited to their electronic wallet.
“We’re taking convenience to the next level. Customers will now be able to play the National Lottery anywhere, even in the comfort of their own homes, saving them time and money. They also don’t need to worry about losing their National Lottery tickets because they will have a record of all the games played,” says Prins Mhlanga, Managing Executive of Vodacom Digital Media.
When registering to play the Lottery games, an electronic wallet is automatically created for each user. To create credits needed to play, funds must be deposited in the electronic wallet via EFT or cash deposit.
“The National Lottery has become a mainstay in the lives of many South Africans. We’re excited to be able to provide an alternative way to help them see their dreams come alive. We wish our Lottery players happy winnings,” Mhlanga concluded.
Vodacom offers several electronic ways to play the Lottery:
- Vodacom Website: Standard data rates apply based on data package
- Mobi-site: Standard data rates apply based on data package
- Dialling *120*6173# and follow the prompts: R0.20 per 20 seconds or part thereof up to 3 minutes for Vodacom customers. Applicable rates will be charged to customers from other networks.
- Send an SMS to 39850 with the words ‘Signup’ followed by ID number, name, and surname. (No spaces between ID number): R0.50 for Vodacom customers. Applicable premium rated SMS rates will be charged to customers from other networks
- Bank transaction fee for Cash deposits and EFT transactions: R7.78
- If you need a pay-out, a once off bank validation fee for FICA purposes is required: R8.50
- For pay out from electronic wallet into your bank account there is a bank transaction fee: R7.50
- SMS notifications and confirmation for play and all value added services such as balance enquiries on the electronic wallet or winning numbers: R0.25
For more information visit www.vodacom.co.za/lotto.