The prevalence of smartphones, tablets, and digital media players, has resulted in a battle for bandwidth on college campuses in the U.S. The infographic below, created by onlinecolleges.net illustrates who’s hogging the bandwidth and why.
The infographic highlights some interesting statistics including:
- 68% of institutions allow students unlimited internet connectivity.
- 77% of institutions report increased bandwidth usage as significant issue for their network.
- 41% of students have 3 or more devices connected to the internet at any given time.
- The three largest bandwidth consumers are tablets, smartphones, and digital media devices.
- 50% of IT departments claim they do not recover costs of bandwidth supplied to students.
View the infographic after the jump…
Presented By: OnlineColleges.net