After three rigorous screening processes with the final vetting and adjudication done by a pan-African panel of judges comprised of entrepreneurs, VCs and Academia 40 entreprenuers have been selected to launch at the first DEMO Africa conference taking place in Nairobi, Kenya from the 24th – 26th October.
Among those startups from Kenya, Cameroon, Ghana, Tanzania, Senegal, Nigeria and Egypt, we’re proud to announce that eleven of the 40 represent South Africa.
Here they are (in no particular order):
1. Balefyre is the sole supplier of it’s patented USSDx – USSD over IP server and emDial application.
2. Evly is a Software-as-a-Service that can be used by organisations to “constructively engage” their stakeholders.
3. ExpenZa takes the hassle out of expense tracking by automating as much of the process as possible.
4. Firestring will find the right information for you when you need it.
5. Framework One specializes in bespoke enterprise system development and business process automation.
6. Gigham makes it easy to discover, promote & monetize events.
7. Kuza is a mobile, location-based business platform for feature phones.
8. Mobiflock enable children to have all the benefits of a mobile phone, while still staying safe.
9. MTI offers the newest level in IT Support. With this App, you can get support no matter where you are in the world.
10. SkillPod Media is a game solutions provider.
11. TaxTim is an online virtual tax assistant that asks you simple questions in plain language.
Have you used any of the above services? Let us know in the comments below.