According to The Next Web, a source has revealed to the site all that will be unveiled at Google’s Android event on 29 October in New York City.
Google sent out invitations to the media for the upcoming event last week, revealing that it will be taking place on the same day as that of Microsoft’s Windows Phone 8 event and not long after Apple’s own special event (23 October).
While it is widely expected that Apple will be unveiling its iPad Mini, we speculate that Google will be unveiling an LG Nexus 4 as well as Android 4.2 and it looks like we were spot on.
According to the source Google will be releasing:
- Android 4.2 that will compete with iOS6.
- A 32GB variant of the Nexus 7 with a second 32GB variant that will offer HSPA+ (3G) support, allowing users to take the tablet on their travels.
- A 10-inch tablet known internally as “Codename Manta” that runs Google’s new Android 4.2 operating system (previously referred to as Key Lime Pie, but is set to retain the Jelly Bean branding), and will offer a 2560×1600 pixel resolution.
- A LG Nexus 4, featuring a quad-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon processor, 4.7-inch 1280 x 768 display, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera (and 1.3-megapixel front-facing snapper) and a 2100mAh battery that runs on Android 4.2 software.
- ‘Content in the center’ as part of Andoird 4.2 which will allow users to access Play Store content from a widget.