With past and present rumours buzzing around what the next iPhone will offer up, that is expected to arrive in September or October of this year, iLounge has shared some new and very specific details that it has obtained, about the much anticipated device.
Among other changes, the new details suggest that Apple will be abandoning the rumoured “teardrop-shaped iPhone 5” in favour of yet another glass-bodied design with new dimensions.
So far, details of the new iPhone include:
- A longer and thinner shape than the iPhone 4 and 4S measuring approximately 125mm by 58.5mm by 7.4mm. This is a 10mm increase in height and nearly 2mm reduction in thickness.
- A flat, rather than curved, metal panel that will be added to the central back of the phone.
- A change in height that will include a lengthening of the prior 3.5″ screen to roughly 4″ on the diagonal.
- A new aspect ratio with additional pixels on both the top and bottom of the screen.
- The introduction of a new Dock Connector since its inception, believed to have fewer pins than the prior 30-pin Dock Connector with the shape of the hole closer to a pill shape than the prior rounded rectangle.
- The use of Gorilla Glass 2 which can be manufactured thinner with identical strength to the earlier iPhones’ Gorilla Glass or at the same thickness with greater strength.